Online Crime Reports, Traffic Safety Complaints and Identity Theft Resources

Emergency Crime Reporting

In an emergency situation, contact 911.

Non-Emergency Crime Reporting

The non-emergency online crime reporting form should be used for non-emergency type reports only, including counterfeiting, embezzlement, fraud, lost property, theft, threats, trespassing, vandalism, etc. The non-emergency number to reach police is 804-748-1251.

If you have information about a crime and want to remain anonymous, visit the P3 website or download the app, visit the Crime Solvers website or call 804-748-0660.

The online crime report form should not be used for:

  • Any type of violent crime, including personal assault, kidnapping, robbery (robbery is defined as taking from another by threat or by some force used), etc.
  • Any type of sex crime, including rape, sexual assault, etc.
  • Any type of traffic collision or hit and run
  • Burglaries – If your house, garage, shed (any structure with four walls and a roof) was entered and items were stolen, this is a burglary and should be reported to 804-748-1251 or 911 if it occurred within the last hour
  • Stolen vehicles or stolen firearms – Call 804-748-1251 or 911 if the theft occurred within the last hour
  • Duplicate cases – If you have already reported this incident to police do not fill out another report
  • Follow-up information – If you have already reported this incident to police and you have follow-up information, contact 804-748-1251 or send an email

Traffic Safety Complaints

To make non-emergency speeding or traffic safety complaints in Chesterfield County, submit a report by email or by calling 804-318-8084. Do not submit the same concern twice; choose either by email or by phone. When you call or email, be prepared to provide the following:

  • Your name and phone number
  • A description of the problem (speeding, disregarding traffic signs, etc.)
  • The location of the problem, including block numbers and specific street names or cross streets
  • When the problem is occurring, including specific days and times
  • Speeding complaints sometimes deal with specific residents who consistently speed in the neighborhood; in such instances, include a detailed description of the vehicle, the driver and the license plate number

As a non-emergency, please note that it may be several hours or days before your complaint reaches an officer for investigation. The information will be reviewed and shared with both the Traffic Section and the appropriate district police station and beat officers.

Traffic Emergencies

Residents should call 911 in any situation that requires immediate attention or poses immediate danger to motorists, pedestrians or bicyclists.

Credit Card Fraud and Identity Theft Resources

If you have been the victim of credit card fraud or identity theft, the following information and tips can assist you: