Construction, Developers and Commercial Customers

The Utilities Department works in conjunction with Chesterfield Building Inspection, Community Enhancement, Environmental Engineering, Planning and Real Property Office regarding construction and development needs. 

View the New Construction Services Connection Request Form (PDF).

View the Water Meter Sizing Form (PDF)

Apply within the Enterprise Land Management (ELM) Citizen Access Portal
Using the Community Development Enterprise Land Management (ELM) citizen access portal, customers can:

Prior to registering within ELM, if you are unsure whether a piece of property has public water or wastewater service available, please call 804-748-1864 for assistance. Learn more about ELM.

Call 811 (Miss Utility of Virginia) Before You Dig
Prior to any excavation, state law requires those digging to telephone Miss Utility of Virginia at 811 or 800-552-7001. The location of underground utilities can be marked to prevent damages to utility lines and disruption of services to our customers.