Streetlights and Street Name Signs

Environmental Engineering reviews streetlights for new subdivisions and maintains the green street name signs found at county intersections. For information about installing streetlights in existing neighborhoods, visit Community Enhancement's Streetlight Program page.

Review of Proposed Streetlights for New Subdivisions

For information or questions about installing streetlights in new developments. contact the Senior Engineering Assistant. View the Chesterfield County policy for streetlights in new developments (PDF).

Reporting Missing or Damaged Signs

To report a missing or damaged street name sign, please call 804-751-4627 or email the street name sign team. If at all possible, please report:

  • The names of both streets at the intersection affected by the damaged or missing street sign.
  • The regulatory or warning sign on the same pole (if applicable).

Regulatory, Warning and Guide Signs

The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) maintains regulatory, warning and guide signs. Examples of these types of signs are:

  • Do not enter signs
  • Speed limit signs
  • Stop signs
  • Yield signs

To report a missing or damaged regulatory, warning or guide sign, contact the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) by calling 800-367-7623.