- Community Operations
- Information Systems Technology
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting
Strategic Planning and Budgeting
The Information Systems Technology Department (IST) provides information technology services to Chesterfield County Government and Chesterfield County Public Schools. IST is a full-service technology provider and focuses on partnering with customers to provide cost-effective technology solutions to meet business needs. The primary functions of the department are technology solution delivery, information security governance, project management and infrastructure management. Specific support provided by IST includes: business studies and recommendations; maintenance of existing application systems; design and implementation of new systems; operational support for both mainframe and server systems; guidance regarding security and access to system data; support for voice and data telecommunications; development and maintenance of the county’s internet/intranet websites; and customer training for both application systems and office automation. View the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Budget (PDF).
Additionally, the office of the CIO annually publishes a one-page IST strategic guide to document environmental factors and strategies for alignment. View the IST 2023 Strategic Plan (PDF).
IST FY2023 Priorities
- Attract, recruit, and retain highly skilled staff and perform resource allocation that enables the achievement of county priorities
- Provide financial stewardship, governance models and lifecycle management for technology assets
- Manage and mitigate project, business continuity and information security risk
- Engage customers effectively to align technology to meet strategic business needs
IST FY2023 Budget Highlights and Future Outlook
- The FY2023 budget includes additional funding for a senior technician to serve in the Desktop group. Existing resources are being redeployed to help fund the position, which will respond to the growing workload associated with the implementation of PC refresh, and the transition to a remote workforce in response to the pandemic.
- The FY2023 budget includes $412,900 for annual increases in various service agreements and annual maintenance costs for technology subscription services.
- Funding is included in the five-year plan to take advantage of federal partnerships and accelerate implementation of the advanced Microsoft security suite. The structure of the federal partnership discount allows the county to implement the security suite at no cost in FY2023.
- The FY2023 budget also includes funding to continue a countywide four-year PC refresh cycle, which ensures that all county employees operate on current technology that is compatible with enterprise software and compliant with cybersecurity requirements.