Advocacy and Legislative Priorities
The intergovernmental relations administrator serves as the primary advocate with the U.S. Congress and federal agencies and the Virginia General Assembly, Governor’s Office and state agencies on behalf of Chesterfield County. Contact Natalie Spillman by email or phone at 804-748-1370 regarding Chesterfield’s legislative priorities.
- President of the United States
- United States Senate
- United States House of Representatives
Find Your Legislator
Determine who represents you and get contact information for members of the General Assembly and Congress at Who's My Legislator.
2022 Virginia Redistricting
The Supreme Court of Virginia (SCV) completed redistricting in December 2021. Chesterfield County is now in the 1st and 4th Congressional Districts. The new district maps will take effect for the November 2023 general election.
For more information, view the redistricting final order approved by the Supreme Court of Virginia (PDF) and the following maps:
Visit VPAP.org to see how the new maps impact you and view other redistricting resources.
2022 General Assembly
Follow legislation at the 2022 General Assembly.
- Access the Legislative Information System (LIS).
- Get the status of individuals bills and related information.
- Access the committee and subcommittee meeting schedule.
Chesterfield's 2022 Legislative Program
View the 2022 Legislative Program (PDF).
- K-12 Education
- Local Authority
- Transportation Funding
- Unfunded Mandates/Cost Shifts
- Communications Tax
- Fall Line Trail
- Greater Richmond Convention Center
- Local Land Use Authority
- Out-of-Compliance Inmates
- Public Notice
- Revenue Sharing
- State Funding Formula and Staffing Standards (School Funding/Support; Compensation Board Funding/Staffing)
- VEC - Locality Data
- Water Quality