Advocacy and Legislative Priorities
The intergovernmental relations administrator serves as the primary advocate with the U.S. Congress and federal agencies and the Virginia General Assembly, Governor’s Office and state agencies on behalf of Chesterfield County. Contact Natalie Spillman by email or phone at 804-748-1370 regarding Chesterfield’s legislative priorities.
- President of the United States
- United States Senate
- United States House of Representatives
Find Your Legislator
Determine who represents you and get contact information for members of the General Assembly and Congress at Who's My Legislator.
2020 Census, Virginia Redistricting
The Supreme Court of Virginia (SCV) completed redistricting in December 2021. Chesterfield County is now in the 1st and 4th Congressional Districts. The new district maps will take effect for the November 2023 general election.
For more information, view the redistricting final order approved by the Supreme Court of Virginia (PDF) and the following maps:
Visit VPAP.org to see how the new maps impact you and view other redistricting resources.
2023 General Assembly
Follow legislation at the 2023 General Assembly.
- Access the Legislative Information System (LIS).
- Get the status of individuals bills and related information.
- Access the committee and subcommittee meeting schedule.
Chesterfield's 2023 Legislative Program
View the 2023 Legislative Program (PDF).
Chesterfield's Guiding Principles
- Maintain quality education and public safety
- Provide quality of life consistent with community expectations
- Maintain local autonomy
- Blueprint Chesterfield's Strategic Framework
- Everyday Excellence
- Safe and Secure Community
- Robust Economy
- Healthy Living and Well-being
- Thriving Communities
- Learning for a Lifetime
- K-12 Education
- Local Authority
- Transportation Funding
- Unfunded Mandates/Cost Shifts