Property Tax Due Date Approaching - June 5, 2023
Attention Chesterfield County Taxpayers: The property tax due date, as set by county ordinance, is quickly approaching. Please ensure that your taxes are paid on or before June 5, 2023, to avoid a 10% penalty. Interest will accrue after June 30, 2023.
Pay Online 24 Hours a Day
Please read all information below before proceeding with the online payment process.
What can I pay online?
- Real Estate Taxes
- Personal Property Taxes
Can I pay multiple accounts in a single transaction?
You can pay multiple accounts in a single transaction.
What will I need to complete my transaction?
1. Your tax account number, which is located in the upper right corner of each tax statement. If you do not have your statement available, please call 804-748-1201 for further assistance.
2. Checking account (e-checks) or credit/debit card
- The electronic checks (e-checks) payment option is offered at no cost to you. Please note that bank processing times vary, but generally require a minimum of two days. You simply need your Bank Routing Number and Checking Account Number.
- A valid credit or debit card:
- American Express
- Please note regarding DMV Stop fees: If there is a DMV Stop on the account, the eCheck payment option may not be used. DMV Stop fees and all required personal property tax bills must be paid in full before the hold on your DMV vehicle registration will be released, which will be by 5 p.m. the next business day after the charge is made. Please retain the confirmation number provided for your records.
What are the convenience fees?
- Electronic checks are offered at no cost to you.
- Credit cards are 2% per transaction total.
- Debit cards have a flat fee of $2.50 per transaction total.
These fees are charged by MSB, our online payment processor, and are not part of your tax.
The county does not receive any portion of these fees.