Shared Ride Service
Access Chesterfield is a shared ride curb-to-curb service that picks up and drops off multiple people in route to different destinations, including medical appointments, grocery shopping, and visiting family and friends. Access Chesterfield offers:
- Reservations must be made by 4 p.m. the day before.
- Each ride will require a voucher.
- Curb to curb service - vehicle will pick you up at the end of your driveway.
- You can ride anywhere in Chesterfield County.
- Rides anywhere in the service area are available for medical trips and employment trips for our passengers with disabilities.
Services are provided by Dependacare Transportation. They will always arrive in a vehicle with their logo on the side. For reservations, please call 804-745-1818.
Scheduling and Reservations
Reservations must be made in advance. For next day service, call 804-745-1818, between Monday and Friday, from 5:30 a.m.-4 p.m. The passenger must be identified as an Mobility Services customer when the reservation is made. Tell the reservation agent the following information:
- Appointment time
- Destination location and address
- Pickup address
If a return trip is needed, please notify the agent and give the pickup time.
If the customer will be accompanied by an aide, please notify the reservation agent. Eligible passengers may travel with one aide free of charge. An aide must be aged 18 or older. If wheelchair accessibility is required, please notify the reservation agent. The reservation agent will provide a pickup window time.
- Monday-Friday: 5:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 5:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: No service
Changing or Canceling a Reservation
Changing a Trip
Changes cannot be made the day of your trip. Call reservations at 804-745-1818 as soon as you realize you must make a change to your scheduled trip. Please note, the driver is not allowed to change a drop-off location.
Canceling a Trip
If you are unable to take a trip you have scheduled, call 804-745-1818 as soon as possible to cancel it, but no later than two hours before your scheduled pickup time. Please note that five same-day cancelations within a three-month period will result in a 30-day suspension of riding privileges.
To purchase vouchers, you must present your Mobility Services ID card. A book of six vouchers cost $36 and one voucher is good for a one-way trip. You can purchase vouchers at any of the following locations:
- Any Chesterfield County Public Library location (Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., closed on Sundays); cash, checks and credit/debit cards can be accepted time.
- Chesterfield County Treasurer's Office (9901 Lori Road, Chesterfield, VA 23832; Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.); cash, check or money order only.
- Mobility Service Office (9800 Government Center Parkway, Chesterfield, VA 23832; Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.); cash, checks and credit/debit cards can be accepted.
- By Mail - Purchase vouchers through the mail by completing the voucher order form (PDF) and mailing to the address on the bottom of the form along with your payment.