Clubs Covering a Wide Variety of Topics and Interests
Chesterfield 4-H offers both general and special interest (SpIn) clubs that cover a wide variety of topics and areas of interest.
4-H General Clubs
4-H membership varies in age based on specific clubs or activities. 4-H offers age categories as follows:
- Cloverbuds (ages 5-8)
- Junior Members (ages 9-13)
- Senior Members (ages 14-18)
Chesterfield Classic Equestrians (ages 9-18)
- Project focus is animal science
- Club is active in competitive riding
- Contact Chesterfield Classic Equestrians Club
Feathers and Feet - Poultry Club (ages 9-18)
- Project focus in animal science
- Club is active in learning showmanship skills for competition
- Contact Feathers and Feet - Poultry Club
Four-Legged Clovers - Horse Club (ages 5-18)
- Project focus is animal science, specifically horses
- Club is active in competitive riding and events
- Contact Four-Legged Clovers - Horse Club
Green Clover Kids - Homeschool Club (ages 5-18)
- Projects vary
- Several sub-groups based on age and interest of members
- Primarily for homeschool families
- Contact Green Clover Kids - Homeschool Club
Sharpshooters Shooting Sports Club (ages 9-18)
- Project focus is science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) and shooting sports education
- Club is active in building skills for competitions
- This club is currently at capacity and not accepting new registrations at this time. Please email Cooperative Extension to be placed on a waitlist.
4-H SpIn Clubs
A 4-H SpIn (special interest) club is for small groups of young people to learn about a topic of interest in-depth. The SpIn club model provides increased flexibility in when and how long groups meet.
Teen Leadership and Camp Counselors (ages 14-18)
The project focus of this SpIn club is on teen leadership and development. Service learning and skills-building will take place at local and state level events. This camp is for teens ages 14-18.For more information, contact Bethany Eigel.
Winter Craft Camp (ages 6-13)
Campers will be led by 4-H teen club members and focus on one project per day. Each day will have a expert lead the craft and camper will be helped by the teen club members. All crafts will be sent home with the campers and any unfinished crafts will be completed the following days. Campers should be able to work in small groups or individually and should be able to focus for 20 minutes at a time. This camp is for children ages 6-13. For more information, contact Chris Allen.