The Chesterfield Animal Shelter is open by appointments only. To schedule an appointment, call 804-748-1683, option 2, during the following hours:
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
To serve, protect and promote safety through the education of our community regarding responsible pet ownership and the enforcement of violations of law pertaining to animal welfare.
- Protect public health and safety
- Prevent animal cruelty and neglect
- Reunite lost pets with their owner
- Enforce animal-related laws and ordinances
- Educate the community on responsible pet ownership
- Provide compassion and comfort for animals in our care
- Encourage community involvement through events and outreach
- Build partnerships
- Expand and develop personnel
- Be transparent
- Increase educational efforts
- Increase live exit rate
- Reduce euthanasia
- Share our story