- Safety & Security
- Animal Services
The Chesterfield Animal Shelter is open by appointments only. To schedule an appointment, call 804-748-1683, option 2, during the following hours:
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
To serve, protect and promote safety through the education of our community regarding responsible pet ownership and the enforcement of violations of law pertaining to animal welfare.
- Protect public health and safety
- Prevent animal cruelty and neglect
- Reunite lost pets with their owner
- Enforce animal-related laws and ordinances
- Educate the community on responsible pet ownership
- Provide compassion and comfort for animals in our care
- Encourage community involvement through events and outreach
- Build partnerships
- Expand and develop personnel
- Be transparent
- Increase educational efforts
- Increase live exit rate
- Reduce euthanasia
- Share our story
- How do I adopt an animal?
- Do I need a dog license?
- What will I need to purchase a dog license?
- How much does a dog license cost, and when is it due?
- Where do I get a dog license?
- How do I report a lost pet?
- How do I report a found pet?
- How do I report animal cruelty or neglect?
- How many dogs can you have in Chesterfield?
- What is Chesterfield County’s leash law?
- What are some dog-friendly places in Chesterfield County?