2022 Summer Camp
Apply for the CSO Summer Camp
Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office is hosting our 4th Annual Summer Camp. This is a law-themed summer day camp that offers young people a fun and healthy week learning about Virginia laws and building positive relationships with law enforcement officers in their community.
This free camp is being offered to 60 middle school participants and includes outdoor experiences, companionship, an opportunity to make better decisions and build new relationships with students from other Chesterfield County middle schools.
How do I apply?
Complete the Chesterfield County Sheriff's Office Summer Camp Applications (PDF) - the deadline has been extended to Sunday, June 19, 2022.
Parents and guardians may download an application and apply for this summer camp if you have a student who is a 6th through rising 8th grader and attends any Chesterfield County middle school. Applications will be evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis. A maximum of 60 students will be accepted into the camp. Be sure that all forms within the summer camp application are complete and signatures are present when indicated. Incomplete applications may prevent your student from attending.
Complete the application in its entirety and return it to the school counselor or mail it to:
Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office
c/o CSO Summer Camp
9500 Courthouse Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Parents and guardians will receive a call from a member of the Sheriff’s Office camp staff if your student has been selected for the camp. Once a student’s attendance has been confirmed, parents/guardians will receive additional information about drop off/pick up points, dress code, student behavior expectations, etc.
What does our camp provide?
- The camp is one week long and free of cost to the parent/guardian
- Breakfast and lunch are provided daily
- Transportation is provided to and from designated pick up/drop off locations
- Interaction with sworn deputy sheriffs who serve as team leaders and coordinators of the camp
- Volunteer opportunities for past participants who may have aged out of eligibility
- Lots of fun and educational opportunities
What activities are included?
- Jail tours
- Court tours
- Team building activities
- Emergency response driving demonstration
- And more…
Want to support our camp?
Your support can be accomplished in a few ways:
- Meal donations: Students are provided a breakfast and lunch meal each day during the camp. A total of 10 meals will be provided throughout the week and we are requesting local restaurants to consider donating one or more meals for our camp.
- Adopt-a-van: Our adopt-a-van initiative gives us an opportunity to curb the costs associated with transport vehicles because a generous amount of our funds are allocated to rent 12-passenger vans, which are used to comfortably transport groups of students to and from various destinations throughout the week. We are requesting local businesses to adopt-a-van and have their business logo displayed on the vehicle as we transport students throughout the county during that week.
All funds that can be reallocated will allow us to provide additional recreational activities, school supplies, student recognitions and much needed camp supplies. We ask that your business or organization consider contributing to this initiative to support our continued effort to positively impact our Chesterfield County students.
Who do I contact for questions?
Please feel free to email any of the coordinators below: