Police Service Aide
Join Chesterfield Police
The Police Service Aide position is a great opportunity for aspiring Chesterfield County Police officers. Duties include responding to calls for service that are not in-progress, conduct victim and witness interviews, process evidence, prepare detailed police reports, interact with community members, and perform other duties in a field assignment as assigned and as needed. View the Police Service Aide video.
To be eligible, you must:
- Must be 18 years of age at the time of application
- Must be in compliance with the department’s Dress Code and Appearance Policy (PDF)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have been a lawful resident of the U.S. for the past ten consecutive years
- Must have binocular vision of 20/25 corrected
- Must have a high school diploma or a General Education Diploma (GED) by Academy start date
- Must have no conviction of, or guilty or no contest plea to, any misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, including petit larceny, any misdemeanor sex offense or any domestic assault
- Must have no convictions of felonies and/or serious and habitual misdemeanors
- Must have weight in proportion to height
- Must pass an extensive background investigation, including a polygraph, psychological, medical and drug screening
- Must possess or be eligible for a Virginia driver’s license
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $42,983 annually. Those hired for this position will attend a 10-week paid academy prior to beginning their field assignment.
To be considered for this position, you must submit an application by Sunday, Dec. 31, 2023.
If you have any questions, call the Police Personnel Unit at 804-748-1547.