Recognizing Chesterfield Centenarians
Centenarians have distinctive experiences and achievements that Chesterfield wants to recognize. Centenarians who are turning 100 or older in 2022 are invited to participate in the acknowledgement of their centenarian status. There are two ways to participate: mailed certificates and recognition coins and/or acknowledgement at a Board of Supervisors meeting. The 2022 application deadline for either recognition is Monday, Aug. 15, 2022, by 5 p.m.
Mailed Certificates and Coins
Centenarians have the option receive a mailed certificate and recognition coin. If you or a centenarian in your life would like to be recognized, please complete the centenarian recognition application by Monday, Aug. 15, 2022, by 5 p.m. Please note, a certificate and coin will be sent once in honor of centenarian status.
Acknowledgement at September Board of Supervisors Meeting
In 2022, Chesterfield will honor centenarians during the Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022, Board of Supervisors meeting. Centenarians are invited to attend the meeting in-person, but this is not a requirement to receive recognition.
If you or a centenarian in your life would like to be recognized, please complete the centenarian recognition application by Monday, Aug. 15, 2022, by 5 p.m. Please note, Board of Supervisors will recognize an individual once for their centenarian status.
Please be prepared to provide the following for the recognition application:
- Up to three photographs (head shots preferred) of the centenarian that include both images of their younger and current selves. (5 MB limit for each photograph; .jpg, .jpeg, and .png file types accepted.)
- Answers to the following questions (approximately 300 words or less; 1,500 character limit):
- Your secret to longevity - Please tell us your thoughts on the secret to longevity.
- Life achievement - Tell us about a life achievement that brings you joy, pride or accomplished a life goal.
- Tell us a story about your family or childhood - Tell us about a defining moment or tradition that has made you who you are today.
- Tell us about a professional or volunteer achievement - Tell us about how you have influenced your community.
- Tell us about a current interest or hobby - Tell us about a current passion.
- Additional biographical information - Anything else about you that you would like to share.