Residents and businesses may contract with the following companies for curbside recycling services:
- Choice Waste Services or call 804-234-4444
- GFL Environmental or call 804-843-9288
- Tidewater Fibre Corporation (TFC) Recycling or call 757-543-5766
- Waste Management or call 800-834-2805
- Zan's Refuse Service, Inc customers should contact Tidewater Fibre Corporation (TFC) Recycling for curbside recycling service
Recycling can be dropped off at either of the county's convenience centers at no charge. The county's convenience centers are expected be open seven days a week in fall 2023.
Community Recycling Centers - Opening Friday, Sept. 22
Opening Friday, Sept. 22, community recycling centers at Harry G. Daniel Park at Iron Bridge, R. Garland Dodd Park at Point of Rocks, Ettrick Park, Goyne Park, Irvin G. Horner Park, Huguenot Park and Rockwood Park will accept drop-off recycling.
What to Recycle
Your recycling matters and the county wants to help you recycle right! Visit the Central Virginia Waste Management Authority (CVWMA) What to Recycle webpage or contact your private hauler for more information.
Take a virtual tour of a material recovery facility (MRF, pronounced murf) on CVWMA's Journey to the MRF webpage, which includes a video about recycling in central Virginia.
As of July 1, 2023, Chesterfield transitioned to the new curbside recycling model. Learn more about the curbside recycling transition by reading the Chesterfield on Point blog and view the presentation to the Board of Supervisors from Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022.