EMS Passport Subscription Program
The EMS Passport is a subscription program for when emergency ambulance transportation is required. The program is designed to help eliminate out-of-pocket patient expenses and health insurance co-payments. It also offers protection against rising health care costs. Subscribers will not be responsible for any additional balances or fees regarding emergency ambulance transportation, except as required by law or regulation, after insurance claims are processed.
As with any medical emergency, please dial 911 for immediate service.
Chesterfield County Fire and EMS will promptly respond to your medical emergency regardless of membership status with the EMS Passport program. If you are not a current member, you will not be able to subscribe at the time services are rendered. Individuals requiring emergency ambulance transportation have been charged for this service since 2002.
The following are eligible for the program:
- Chesterfield County residents
- College or university students in Chesterfield County
- On-site workers in Chesterfield County
Note that Medicaid-only beneficiaries may not be eligible for EMS Passport. Potential subscribers should check with their health insurance carrier to determine if the EMS Passport program is right for them.
How to Subscribe
To subscribe via check or money order, complete an EMS Passport enrollment application (PDF). Checks should be made payable to:
Chesterfield County Fire and EMS
P.O. Box 1658
Chesterfield, VA 23832
2022 Subscriptions are valid Jan. 1, 2022, through Dec. 31, 2022. Subscriptions are nonrefundable, nontransferable and are not tax deductible. Late subscriptions will be accepted; however, subscriber fees are not prorated.
Family subscriptions include family members who reside in nursing or assisted-living facilities in Chesterfield County and any person in the household who does not have insurance coverage. All individuals must be listed on the application to ensure coverage.
The terms and provisions of this EMS Passport program are subject to change without prior notice:
- All subscriptions are subject to acceptance by the county and may be canceled or revoked in the county’s sole discretion.
- EMS Passport is not a contract for the provision of ambulance services.
- EMS Passport is not a solicitation for the offer or sale of an insurance product.
- Medicare beneficiaries may be billed for co-payments or deductibles if required by law.
- The subscriber acknowledges that the county will bill available medical and third-party insurance (auto or homeowners) for services rendered and agrees to remit any third-party insurance payments received directly by the subscriber to the county.
Current Ambulance Transportation Rates
Chesterfield current ambulance transport rates are:
- Advanced Life Support (ALS): $636.90
- Advanced Life Support 2 (ALS2): $921.83
- Ambulance Mileage: $10.83 per loaded mile
- Basic Life Support (BLS): $536.34