Procuring Goods and Services
Procurement purchases high-quality goods and services (including commodities, services, construction and professional services) at fair and reasonable prices for the needs of Chesterfield County Government and Chesterfield County Public Schools.
Procurement holds the Quality Public Procurement Departments (QPPD) accreditation that recognizes agencies that lead the public procurement profession by implementing best practices.
Vision and Mission
To be recognized by our customers and professional peers as an innovative provider of excellence in customer service and as a leader in the purchasing professions.
To support our customers in performing their mission by providing quality purchasing services.
Procurement follows all federal, state and county laws and regulations; uses competitive practices in a fair and open environment to give all qualified businesses the opportunity to offer their products and services to the county; and follows state ethics laws and the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing Code of Ethics.
The Procurement Annual Report (PDF) provides an overview of procurement activities for 2022.
Policies and Procedures
Goods and Services
|$10,000 or Less||Using departments and schools have been given delegated authority to make purchases at this dollar value.|
|$10,000.01 to $100,000||Competition is executed by the Procurement Department. Competition must be sought from a minimum of four valid sources to include a minimum of one Chesterfield business and one diversity vendor, if available.|
|$100,000.01 or More||Competition is executed by the Procurement Department. Competition must be sought from a minimum of four valid sources to include a minimum of one Chesterfield business and two diversity vendors, if available.|
PPEA Policies and Procedures
PPTA Policies and Procedures
Special Funding - Equal Employment Opportunity Plan
Chesterfield County receives significant grant funds from the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). Recipients of these grants are required by DOJ to develop and disseminate an equal employment opportunity plan (EEOP) utilization report. The purpose of this report is to ensure that recipients of DOJ grants are providing equal employment opportunities to everyone.
A hard copy of the Police EEOP utilization report (PDF) is on file in the Police Department – Police Personnel Unit office (10001 Iron Bridge Road, Chesterfield, VA 23832) and is available for viewing, upon request. Comments or questions concerning the Police EEOP utilization report may be directed to Police Personnel Administrative Manager at 804-748-1547.
A hard copy of the EEOP utilization report (PDF) for Chesterfield County is on file in the county’s Human Resources Department, and is available for viewing, upon request. Comments or questions concerning Chesterfield County’s EEOP utilization report may be directed to Human Resources, located in the Lane B. Ramsey County Administration Building, which can be contacted by email or by phone at 804-748-1551.
Chesterfield’s diversity provides for a dynamic and robust community that promotes growth. We believe that all residents should benefit from this economic growth regardless of race, color, religion or economic status. We are committed to ensuring diversity by increasing procurement opportunities for the following:
- Businesses located in Chesterfield County (CB)
- Minority-owned businesses (MOB)
- Service disabled veteran-owned businesses (SDVOB)
- Small businesses (SB)
- Woman-owned businesses (WOB)
Definitions for these classifications are in the Code of Virginia Section 2.2-4310, as amended.
All deliveries shall be free on board (FOB) destination.
All packages or shipping containers must contain the purchase order number and the ship-to location from the purchase order. We can cancel all or part of an order without obligation if the delivery is not made by the specified and committed time.
Chesterfield may offer an excellent opportunity to expand or relocate your business. If you are a small business, minority-owned business or woman-owned business, the Economic Development Small Business Center contains useful information and contacts. You can also call our Department of Economic Development at 804-318-8550.
Supplier Documents and Resources
- Chesterfield Business Council
- Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce
- Chesterfield County General Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Chesterfield Economic Development Authority
- Contractor Environmental Guideline and Policy (PDF)
- Contractor Minimum Insurance Requirements (PDF)
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity
We sell property no longer in use through contracted third-party firms specializing in auctioning of materials. The following firms sell surplus materials not sold through specific contracts:
General Surplus Sales
GovDeals, Inc. is a web-based auction firm that sells all types of surplus materials, including vehicles.
Automobile Surplus Sales
Bus Surplus Sales
We sell school buses taken out of service through either GovDeals, Inc. or sealed Invitations for bids we conduct.
Procurement Information Gateway (PInG)
Procurement Information Gateway (PInG) is Chesterfield County's e-procurement system for soliciting quotes, bids and proposals. Log in to PInG or learn how to register, view solicitations or view contracts.
Contact Vendor Technical Support
Registering in PInG
All vendors who wish to do business with Chesterfield County government and schools must register with PInG to receive and respond to solicitations. In order to register in PInG, the following information is needed:
- Business Classification (minority-owned, women-owned, etc.)
- Business Type (corporation, LLC, sole proprietorship, etc.)
- Organization Email Address
- Organization’s Taxpayer ID Number (TIN)
View the printable PInG registration guide (PDF).
- Visit the PInG Registration page and agree to the terms.
- Enter the organization’s information. Parent/Holding Company is set as the default; select this if your organization is the parent or headquarters of your organization or if you are an individual/sole proprietor. Select Branch/DBA if your organization is a child company or branch location. DUNS Number is only required if you are registering as a DBA/Branch under a Parent/Holding Company.
- Business classification is required. Check all that apply. If none apply, click N/A.
- Business verifications is not required. Click “later” if you do not wish to complete. If you choose to complete, you can upload your W-9 and Chesterfield County business license. If you are not required to possess a county business license, skip this section.
- A main organization contact is required. Additional contacts can be added.
- Select all codes that match the goods and services for which you wish to receive bid opportunity notifications.
- Click “Submit.” You’re finished! You will receive an email confirmation.
Effective July 1, 2023, bids will be received until, but no later than, the specified time and date of the opening as designated in the invitation for bid. Chesterfield County virtual bid openings will be held via a live meeting which is accessible to the public. Bids will be read 30 minutes after the virtual bid opening begins.
Rescheduling Due to Inclement Weather
If county buildings are closed due to inclement weather, bid openings and on-site pre-bid/pre-proposed conferences will be rescheduled for the next business day.
Information obtained on this web site is provided solely as a convenience to potential Bidders and Offerors, and such Bidders and Offerors assume all risks associated with using this site. Additionally, by downloading the solicitations contained herein you hereby agree not to alter the contents of the document in any way. Electronic responses will not be accepted for IFBs and RFPs. Further, by downloading the IFB or RFP documents from this site, you agree that you are responsible for obtaining any addenda that may be issued.
As noted, some IFBs or RFPs must be obtained directly from the Architect or Engineer.
The bid tabulations posted represent the information read aloud and recorded at the public bid opening. The county has not checked the bids for errors, or made any determinations that the bids meet all requirements. In the case of a discrepancy between information on this site, and the original hard-copy document, the original hard-copy document shall prevail.
Any Awards that are identified with “*Decisions to Award” will be presented to the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors and/or School Board at an upcoming meeting where the board will be requested to confirm the decision to award and award a contract.
Any bidder or offeror who desires to inspect the solicitation file may do so by contacting Procurement.