September 12, 2018
Waste & Resource Recovery
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, VA — Chesterfield County continues to prepare for the impact of Hurricane Florence. Part of that planning is focusing on cleanup and recovery following the storm.
Chesterfield accepts vegetative debris at its Northern Area and Southern Area convenience centers. Please use the following guidelines:
- No vegetative debris larger than 16 inches in diameter and/or 8 feet long will be accepted.
- Bagged leaves and bagged or loose wood chips are to be disposed of in the municipal solid waste containers at the convenience centers.
- Specific areas within the convenience centers are designated for vegetative debris (not bagged).
The following fees apply:
- One pickup truck load, $7
- One pickup truck load plus a 10-foot or shorter trailer load, $14
- One pickup truck load plus a trailer between 10 and 20 feet long, $21
- Trucks larger than standard pickup trucks, including moving vans, roll backs and small dump trucks, charged accordingly
Locations, hours of operation:
Northern Area Convenience Center
3200 Warbro Road, Midlothian
Friday-Tuesday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Southern Area Convenience Center
6700 Landfill Drive, Chester
Thursday-Monday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.