Beginning June 18th, our facility will allow families and friends to have video visits from their own Android or IOS devices by using the GettingOut Visits mobile app. Families and friends will also have the option of visiting their loved one from their own personal computers in the comfort of their own homes. Keep in mind that you will need the following equipment to do a video visit from home:
- A computer.
- A webcam and a microphone, or a computer with these components built in (most laptops have these built in).
- An internet browser. Internet browsers Safari 4 and higher, or Firefox 7 and higher, are strongly recommended. Using other browsers may not load the page appropriately in order to begin your visit. We are not responsible for technical problems or issues that may arise from using an unsupported browser.
- Adobe Flash MUST be installed. Just download the latest version here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to update your computer to the most current version for free.
- For the best visit experience, you should use headphones, but they are not required.
- High-speed internet (DSL or Cable) connection (dial-up and satellite are not supported).
You can get more information on this service from the jail lobby or by visiting https://www.gettingout.com/ .
Once you have a Getting Out account, setting up a video visit is a snap. Simply suggest a time for the visit with your loved one or friend, wait for them to confirm, and then log in at that time. It’s that simple and can be completed right from the comfort of your own home. You will enjoy this more intimate and personal way to connect with your loved one. To get started visit https://www.gettingout.com/schedule-a-visit/