Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation received a $30,000 play space grant from the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) and The Walt Disney Company. This investment supports NRPA and Disney’s combined goal of providing one million kids and families with greater access to play. Part of the national Meet Me at the Park Play Spaces grant program, park and recreation agencies across the country were invited to share their best ideas for increasing access to play spaces for children and families in their communities. Agencies with the most innovative and impactful project ideas were chosen to receive grants to build their projects.
Chesterfield's Rec-n-Roll mobile playground will make the following stops this fall:
- Sept. 14 - River City Sportsplex, 10 AM - 3 PM during Community Cup
- Sept. 21 - Bensley Park, 9 - 11 AM and Falling Creek Ironworks Park, noon - 2 PM
- Oct. 19 - Mid-Lothian Mines Park, noon - 2:30 PM and Bensley Park, 4 PM - dark
- Oct. 28 - Chesterfield County Fairgrounds, 6 - 9 PM during Trunk or Treat (display only)
- Nov. 16 - Manchester Middle School, 10 AM - 2 PM during Chesterfield Police Athletic League's football clinic
The public is invited to stop by these facilities and enjoy the mobile playground.
For additional information contact Chesterfield Parks and Recreation at 804-748-1623.