What do I need to do to close my business?

In order to close your business and end your tax liability for a specific business account, you must notify the Office of the Commissioner of the Revenue in writing. Fax, mail, or email and supply the following information: Name of the Business Owner, Trade Name of the Business, Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) associated with the accounts, and the account numbers, along with the exact date the business closed. This statement must be signed by the owner or an officer listed with our office.

Show All Answers

1. How do I pay my business tax?
2. Is there a late filing penalty for failure to file a return by the prescribed deadline?
3. What if I have multiple locations or multiple lines of business?
4. I would like to send my information overnight, but UPS, FedEx, etc. will not use a Post Office Box for the address. What address do I use?
5. How do I authorize someone else to file or act for my business?
6. Are there any additional requirements if a business is advertising to go out of business, and selling remaining inventory?
7. What do I need to do to close my business?
8. If I do not renew my business license, am I considered out of business?
9. I have concerns regarding neighbors in home business. Who should I contact?