Can I petition for an adjustment of my stormwater fee?

The stormwater utility ordinance allows for property owners to petition for adjustments to their stormwater utility fee. Grounds for adjustments of the fee are limited to the following:

  • An error was made regarding the calculation of the square footage of commercial properties. The fee for developed residential properties is a flat fee and cannot be appealed.
  • The property is exempt from the fee, but received a bill in error.
  • The identification of the property owner billed is in error.
  • There is a mathematical error in calculating the stormwater utility fee.
  • An approved credit for commercial properties was incorrectly applied.

Show All Answers

1. How will my stormwater bill arrive?
2. My property is tax-exempt. Am I required to pay the stormwater utility fee?
3. What is an impervious area?
4. How is my impervious area calculated?
5. I think that the impervious area calculated for my property is incorrect? What should I do?
6. I own a commercial property and have made some improvements to my property that changed the impervious area (larger parking lot or building size). Will my stormwater utility fee change?
7. I believe that there may be an error to my fee. How do I make a request for an adjustment?
8. I live in a subdivision with stormwater BMPs and drainage infrastructure. Why do I have to pay the stormwater utility fee?
9. Who pays the stormwater utility fee?
10. What is the fee based on?
11. How much will I pay (fee rates)?
12. Can I petition for an adjustment of my stormwater fee?