- In Chesterfield, probate/qualification matters are handled strictly by appointment and appointments are only scheduled once all necessary information has been provided.
- Contact the Probate Division of the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office to provide the following information.
- By emailing the Clerk’s Office or by FAX to 804-717-6797
- A copy of the death certificate
- A copy of the Last Will and Testament and Codicil(s), if any
- Full names and addresses of the decedent’s heirs
- Estimate of the estate value (personal property and real property in the decedent's name alone without a beneficiary or payable on death designation)
NOTE: Include contact information; however, DO NOT write on the will itself.
- If you are unable to fax or email, call the Probate Division at 804-706-7680 with the death certificate and will in hand. Be prepared to provide information regarding the decedent's heirs and estate value as described above. If you must leave a message, every effort will be made to return your call the same business day. Please refrain from calling multiple times.