|Other Link||Animal Services|
Adopt a Pet
Items to Bring When Adopting
Items to bring with you when you come to the shelter:
- A current Virginia driver’s license or picture identification with current address.
- Cash, check and all major debit/credit cards accepted.
The $60 adoption fee covers:
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Age-appropriate preventative vaccinations
- FELV/FIV testing for cats
- Heartworm testing for dogs
- Rabies vaccine for dogs and cats over four months of age
Adoption Program for Seniors: People who are 62 years of age or older can adopt dogs or cats for a reduced fee of $10. Program participants must produce valid identification.
Adoption Program for Pets with Special Needs: Dogs and cats that have special needs due to age or treatable health issues can be adopted for a reduced fee of $10.
Lost and Found Pets
We understand that losing a dog or cat is a very upsetting and stressful experience. The Animal Shelter staff wants to help reunite you with your pet as soon as possible.
If your dog or cat is lost:
- Submit a Lost Pet Report
- Call the shelter for assistance.
- Post signs in your area in the event someone has found your pet
- Post your missing pet on various local Lost and Found pet Facebook pages
If you find a dog or cat:
- Submit a Found Pet Report
- Call the shelter for assistance
- Post signs in your area in the event someone near you may be looking for their pet